Bauer Manor (added 1972 – – #72001632)
Davenport Hotel (added 2007 – – #07000383)
Also known as Irish Hills Inn
1280 US-12 – Tipton, Franklin Township
The Davenport Hotel, a historic landmark, is located on US-12, across from Evans Lake on the eastern edge of the Irish Hills. The Davenport Hotel was built in 1839. The building was used for many things including a stagecoach stop, an inn, and a community meeting place. It was also known as the Lancaster House and Bauer Manor, a popular place to stay and a great restaurant.
- Historic Significance: Event
- Area of Significance: Social History
- Period of Significance: 1950-1974, 1925-1949, 1900-1924, 1875-1899, 1850-1874
- Owner: Private
- Historic Function: Commerce/Trade, Domestic, Recreation And Culture
- Historic Sub-function: Auditorium, Hotel, Music Facility, Restaurant
- Current Function: Commerce/Trade
- Current Sub-function: Business
Photo Credit: Notorious4life – https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=10532121.